The OPV58 is a 58 m long river boat in steel and aluminium that can be used as a patrol boat, for police and rescue operations. It is highly customisable in terms of propulsion and interior layout and features.
- It is fitted with shaft line propellers ensuring a maximum half load speed of 15 kn.
- In patrolling conditions at 22 kn its operating range is 1,000 nm.
- Its very limited draught, 1.8 m, is ideal for river shallow waters.
- It can carry 60 crew members and 60 troops and remain at sea for 14 days.
- It is fitted with a medical room, a dental clinic, and a day hospital with 4 beds.
- The wide raised helm station ensure 360° visibility and can be fitted with ballistic protection.
- The boat has a 150 sq m flying deck for AB206 or SA355 helicopters, which can also be used for general operations.
- Two 9.5 m rigid bottom tenders and a central telescopic davit ensuring quick launching and hauling are located on the aft bridge. This area can also be used as a cargo deck.
- A range of equipment and systems can be installed on the deck, including fire-fighting cannons.